1. As a result of your interaction with this website we may store and process your information on our computers and in any other way. By "your information" we mean personal and financial information we obtain from you or from third parties, such as credit reference agencies (who may search the Electoral Register), fraud prevention agencies or other organisations when you apply for an account or any other product or service or which you or they give to us at any other time.
2. We will use your information to manage your account(s), give you statements and provide our services, for research, assessment and analysis (including credit and/or behaviour scoring, market and product analysis) and to develop and improve our services to you and other customers and protect our interests.
3. We, and other carefully selected third parties, may use your information to inform you by post, fax, telephone or other electronic means, about other products and services (including those of others) which we believe may be of interest to you.
4. You can ask us in writing for a copy of the information we keep about you. A fee will be charged for this service.
5. If you were introduced to us by a third party, we will give them your contact details and sufficient information about you for their accounting and administration purposes.
Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
When you apply for a product or service you confirm that all the information you have given is true and complete. When you apply for a product or service you authorise lenders to check the following records about you and others (see below); a) our own; b) those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information. c) those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
Lenders may make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and we may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us.
If you tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies.
Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering.
Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but normally you can alter your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance, if you prefer. If you opt not to receive our cookies, we cannot guarantee that your experience with our website will be as quick or responsive as if you do receive cookies.
We do not store passwords or any other information about a visitor in a cookie that could identify them, their location, their preferences or their financial activity.
Use of your Information
We use personal information for the purpose of carrying out our business activities - providing the products and services you have requested. We may use your information to help make business decisions that enable us to offer a better service. We may also use your information for marketing purposes but only if you have not made a request for us not to do so.
We may, if legally compelled to do so, supply your information to authorities should they require it to conduct investigations.